A CALL TO MEN – Our vision: to shift norms that define manhood in our culture. Our mission: to galvanize a national movement of men committed to ending all forms of violence against women. Our purpose: to influence change in men's behavior through a re-education and training process that challenges sexism, Rockville Centre, NY.
- A CALL TO MEN: Honoring the Next Generation of Manhood, Marianne Schnall, HuffPost, May 31, 2017. Copyright © 2017 TheHuffingtonPost.com, Inc.
- How to Raise a Feminist Son, Claire Cain Miller, The New York Times, June 1, 2017. Copyright © 2017 The New York Times Company.
- New Data from A CALL TO MEN's LiveRespect Curriculum Shows Dramatic Shifts in Attitudes and Behaviors that will Prevent Dating Violence, Sexual Assault and Bullying in School and Sports, July 25, 2017.
1in6 (English and Español) – the mission is to help men who have had unwanted or abusive sexual experiences in childhood live healthier, happier lives. Our mission also includes serving family members, friends, and partners by providing information and support resources on the web and in the community. 1in6 also provides 24/7 online support for men, Santa Clarita, CA.
- The Bristlecone Project: Portraits of Male Survivors – 1in6’s latest awareness initiative, was developed in collaboration with founding Board member, Dr. David Lisak. It is a mosaic of photographs and words that portray the reality and hope of men who were sexually abused as children. It focuses on the present, not the past. Who each man is. What defines him. What is the focus of his life. Each man will be portrayed through a series of photographs, a brief written portrait, and his own voice. The purpose is to portray this reality — who we are now, living meaningful and dignified lives — to the many men who may feel isolated and stigmatized by what happened to them. And to portray this reality to whole communities through the website and public exhibitions, providing positive, hopeful role models of men who have faced their childhood experiences and who learned to live healthier, happier lives. Read Big Voice Pictures' blog posting about this project.
1 is 2 Many Campaign
- 1 is 2 Many Campaign Releases New Public Service Announcement on Dating Violence, Office of the Vice President, The White House, Washington, DC: June 21, 2012.
- Fact sheet
- Hollywood's Leading Men Star in Powerful PSA about Sexual Assault, Katie Dries, Jezebel, April 29, 2014.
- Watch PSAs 2012 and 2014
Emerge Counseling and Education to Stop Domestic Violence – founded in 1977, Emerge was the first abuser education program in the nation. Since its creation, Emerge has been a national leader in working to end violence in intimate relationships. The mission is to eliminate violence in intimate relationships. In working toward this goal, Emerge seeks to educate individual abusers, prevent young people from learning to accept violence in their relationships, improve institutional responses to domestic violence, and increase public awareness about the causes and solutions to partner violence. With the development of parenting education groups for fathers, Emerge has recently expanded its mission to include a goal of helping men to become more responsible parents, Cambridge, MA.